Pages

Thursday 25 July 2019

Child Of Blood And Bone

Chapter 26 - Inan
“How long?” she breathes. “How long have you been a maji?”
She hisses the word like it’s a curse. Like I’m the spitting image of Lekan. Not
the boy she’s known since birth. The soldier she’s trained for years.
“The girl infected me. It’s not permanent.”
“You’re lying.” Her lips peel back in disgust. “Are you…are you working with
her?”
“No! I was looking for clues!” I step forward. “I know where she is–”
“Stay back!” Kaea screams. I freeze, hands in the air. There’s no recognition in
her eyes.
Only unbridled fear.


This can relate to the real world by...people having possible split personalities. You can think you know someone inside and out but, in reality you may not. Emotion over powers us into doing things we don't mean, especially when we get into dramatic fights over someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.