Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2019

Child Of Blood And Bone

Chapter 36 - Zélie
“Those are father’s words, Inan. His decisions. Not yours. We are our own
people. We make our own choices.”
“But he’s right.” Inan’s voice cracks. “If we don’t stop magic, Orïsha will fall.”

His eyes return to me, and I tighten my grip on my staff. Try it, I want to bark.
I’m done running away.
Amari redirects Inan’s line of vision, her delicate hands cupping the back of his
head.
“Father is not the future of Orïsha, brother. We are. We stand on the right side
of this. You can stand there, too.”
Inan stares at Amari, and for a moment I don’t know who he is. The ruthless
captain; the little prince; the scared and broken maji? There’s a longing in his
eyes, a desire to give up the fight. But when he lifts his chin, the killer I know
comes back.

The message I got from this chapter was...firstly, your future is for you decide and not have to follow in line of your older generations. If you don't want to follow in line of something, you don't have to. Secondly, I also picked up that you may be playing safe in order to get something, but in the end we all know desire sparks something within us and helps drive us towards that something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.