Pages

Tuesday 21 November 2017

My Recount on Loren Sila's Show!



Friday of two weeks ago,


My family and I had a real life show to attend to. It was our good friend Loren Sila, all round singer and dancer. Loren had danced at Swarm Studios and big places in Auckland called the Palace. Loren was also picked to be in a dance crew called the NZX Team which, represents all of New Zealand in competitions  overseas. She even lead as a main dancer in one of Stan Walker’s music videos called “Messages” which got her well known. She wants to pursue her music career forward and in order to do that she has to follow simple rules. The very first rule was to complete and achieve your own concert, and so she did!


My sister and I have been waiting for this show for two-three months now, and we were ecstatic once we realised it was later that evening. I had just got home from school and I heard a loud screech saying “shonni get ready” reading for what? I replied. My sister yells back at me “Loren’s big show is tonight” I had a tremendous sore throat that day and hadn’t yet had time to go to the doctors I had also just finished our school cross country. I was exhausted. So you would’ve guessed my answer would of been a big unenthusiastic “yay” then sighing because that hurt my throat.


I didn’t know what to wear or what to do, so I paced myself back and forth down our hallway. Hoping some ideas will pop into my head. I was finally ready to see some dancing that looked rather tiring for them, though energising. My sister and I left home first so we could get good front row seats and save them for all of us. The rest of my family walked in clueless, struggling to find us at the front. My sister Shani whispers to me “they look so lost, like this is just some gathering or something” I replied it kind of is I guess! My sister is a huge fan of Loren’s and tries to hang out with her as much as she can, so her loud reply was “It’s not some gathering it’s the Loren Sila show” while smirking at me she said.


We were at the front of one of the lines which said in bold “ALREADY BOUGHT TICKETS” we went into the reception, when my sister actually hadn’t completing “bought” our tickets and we had to switch lines. Which got some customers behind us quite upset and we took a good five minutes just so the girl could get our names down. I slowly looked at Shani shaking my head while other people starting to go in. We eventually got to our seats 3rd row from the left side.


We sat down and waited for half an hour with anxious faces waiting for her to pop out from back stage.  It was a well thought out performance and I enjoyed every bit of it. They sung, they danced and were just on point with everything. I especially liked the layout/decor of the stage it has planted ropes hanging from side to side. With wood and fake plants on the left side of the stage, it was a enthusiastic performances and Loren gave it her all.


We were all tired and hungry so my parents had a good idea to go to a restaurant called Petal Pushers in Riccarton. We ate every crumb off our meals and gulped down our drinks so we could all go home for a earlyish night. We ended up staying longer as we expected by loudly laughing while people were giving us odd looking faces from across the room. The night wa still young but I don’t know about my family I wanted to go home. As there were many intoxicated people at the bar next to us.


I absolutely loved this show and I hope to go to many more that happen, it was thrilling and touching. It was based on her losing her dad and finding hope! It was amazing, I can't wait to witness another show of Loren and the Swarm Crew who danced along side of her.

This is my recount about me and my family going to our family friend Loren Sila's show! The show was called Come Through. She sang and danced for an hour and a half with her, and her dance crew! It was a marvellous night and we ended up going to a restaurant right down the road. Called Pedal Pushers, After we ate we headed home as we were exhausted. It was a fantastic night!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is great! It sounds like you had a great time! I like how you wrote it very detailed, which made it easy to imagine what you were doing. Did you get any photos or videos of you at this event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trisha for the feedback! Good idea I will add some photos!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.