Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Child Of Blood And Bone

Chapter 59 – Zélie
“How will me coming back to Lagos solve any of that?” I ask. “As we speak,
your father calls for my head!”
“My father’s scared.” Inan shakes his head. “He’s misguided, but his fear is

justified. All the monarchy’s ever seen is the destruction maji can bring.
They’ve never experienced anything like this.” He gestures to the camp, face
alight with so much hope his smile practically glows in the darkness. “Zulaikha
created this in one moon, and there are already more diviners in Lagos than
anywhere else in Orïsha. Just imagine what we could accomplish with the
resources of the monarchy behind us.”

- A message I took away from this is, that in order to believe in something for the better you need to take risks. Follow your heart to what it truly decides, and see what happens along the way. Inan has seemed to convince Zelie, and potentially me as well in going back to Lagos in order to make a better, more peaceful Orisha. Who wouldn't want peace and zero wars? but what could the potential obstacles along the way be... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.